Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Tuesday 18 April 2017

At last a fun night
We have been doing a lot of work on the boat the last few days and we needed a break. It was Easter and one of the boaters organized a pizza and Botchi Ball tournament . It was a nice night with a beautiful breeze looking over the harbor from the marina bar.
There were six boats competing and we all wanted to have some fun and relax by the bar. We drew boat names to match up our opponent. It was boat against boat and I knew we had a little advantage because Laurie curled most of her life and Botchi Ball is a little like curling. It was all set, Mauna Kea against Let It Be, Seabourne against Reposed, and Temerity against Manatee.

 First round it was Mauna Kea against Let It Be. It was a close game and I was losing strength, I needed something to eat and I thought to myself, can the pizza get here on time??? Well the pizza got here just too late and we lost 7 to 6. It was close BUT we still had a chance. There was a buy for one losing team. The losing team with the most points got to go into the playoffs so with 6 points we had a chance. Next up was Temerity against Manatee. The game went fast, Temerity was a strong team and Reposed didn’t get a point. Next up was the Swiss team Seabourne againt Reposed. This game also went quickly; it was the Swiss team Seabourne that won this game easily. So the playoff round was set and we got in with a buy. First up was Let It Be against Seabourne. It was a very close game and the Swiss team Seabourne beat out our friends Let It Be. So now it was our turn again and we had to play the best team Temerity. Watching the last 2 games I chowed down about 5 pieces of pizza and now I was ready, I had energy!
 
 
 I had the energy and I had the best partner. It started off bad for us but we clawed back and tied up the game 6 to 6. Then we did it, we beat out a very good team Temerity. So now it was the final. The Canadians (Mauna Kea)
against the Swiss team (Seabourne)
 Having  5 pieces of pizza I still had a lot of energy but just in case I had a couple of pieces of cake just to make sure I had enough to the end of the game. The match was a little back and forth BUT, The Canadians made Swiss cheese out of Seaboure and we came out on top. It was a fun night and all had a great time.
 
You may have read in a previous blog post the I suggested that the new wooden motor rail mount looked like it should have a name. Brian Millar suggested the name WOODY.
So it's WODDY THE MOTOR HOLDER!
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment