Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Wednesday 1 June 2016

After six coats of Interprotect Epoxy comes two coats of Antifouling. I'm putting on two antifouling coats because we are expected to be away for two years. After the blue wears off I will begin to see the red coat and I will know when it's time to lift out the boat to apply more antifouling. With the extra left over paint, I put a lot more around the water line where the antifouling will wear off faster. I will be very interested to see how long it will last.

First coat red.

Second coat blue
 

I needed to spend more money so I'm having a new rudder installed. You can see in this picture Peter from Northshore Boatworks has dropped the old rudder and is waiting to have the boat lifted to install a new one.
Old rudder

No comments:

Post a Comment