Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Saturday 3 September 2016

We are ready for Hermine!
 
We are still in Great Kills Harbor on a mooring ball. Today we spent part of the day taking down the front sail and strapping down the main sail. I have also strapped down the dinghy on the deck. The word around here is they are expecting a bit of a storm surge and that Hermine will linger for a little while. Our mooring ball is 500 LBS so we are very secured and feel safe. We have topped up with fuel and water and groceries so we will be good for a few days.
The rest of today I spent redoing the dirty deed! The hold tank was leaking again so the silicon didn't work. Today was a big smelly job. I had to disconnect the hoses and pull the tank right out. This time I used some JB Weld to seal the leaks so I am crossing my fingers.
My last post was hurried because we had to do it in Burger King. So I have a few more pictures.

Just a picture of something!
Just passed Poughkeepsie 


Lighthouse before Poughkeepsie 
 Kingston NY
 Lighthouse before Kingston NY
The Catskills 
 
I was very surprised how scenic this area is. Lots of mountains from Troy all the way to New York city.
 
Harlem
Yonkers 
 Just before New York city


 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well. We will be watching Hermine with you (but from further away). The poop story is a little ironic given Ken's propensity for disturbing the stuff.

    ReplyDelete