Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Still In New Providence
We left West Bay anchorage Jan, 2 to go to Allens Cay in the Exumas at 8am. About 8:30 the engine quit and I was forced to sail. As soon as it quit I new the engine wasn't getting fuel. Of the three boats that are together there was only two of us. The first boat left at 7am and they were long gone. The second boat was a great help. While I was sailing he found a marina at the other end of the Island that was the perfect place. We had to sail to the other end of the Island against 20 knot wind and 3 to 4 foot waves. It was a long day and we arrived in the marina at 4pm under sail and no motor.
We were both very tired and we went to bed at 7:30
The second day I changed the fuel filters and bleed the engine and we were back in business. I decided I need to stay one more day to have an infection looked at by a doctor. The was a bite from those no see ums back in Vero beach. They have been very itchy and it finally got infected. So today I was checked over and I have some antibiotics. This afternoon I took a walk around the beach while Laurie was shopping with our friends in Nassau. This is a real nice place.

 
 


So tomorrow we will leave for Allen Cay in the Exumas.

No comments:

Post a Comment