Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Friday 18 August 2017


Working hard to keep up with the repairs.

I have been having an electrical problem so while I was trouble shooting it I was running the engine and the overheat alarm went on. More troubles, just what I needed. So I stopped work for that day because I had to let the engine cool down before I could look at why the engine was overheating. Sometimes it feels like the problems never end, as a lot of boaters would say welcome to sailing! After looking around I found a leak in the fresh water pump. This will be a little more difficult that the raw water pump. This pump pushed the antifreeze through the engine. I announced on channel 10, this area’s network channel that I was having problems with my engine. I got a reply right away and I think I’m in luck. He’s an electrical engineer and he says it would be no problem to get the pump fixed and then look at my electrical problem. The pump has to be put in a press and the bearings have to be taken off and new ones put back on so it sounds like he has the equipment to do this work. That’s one good thing about having problems in an area where there’s a lot of boaters you will find someone who can help you.
 So far this season we have managed to avoid the tropical storms, they seemed to go to the north or south of us. We have to cross our fingers and hope nothing comes this way. All the boaters who raced quickly south to Grenada to miss the tropical storms have had around three so far. I hope they don’t get any more.
 After the engineer comes to help me fix everything up we will get off the boat again to have some fun.
Last night having dinner we saw this!
Something you would only see in Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment