Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Monday 18 July 2016

Back to the Marina
I knew this day was coming, we both feel like nothing can go right. We are still having problems with the charging. Both the engine and the solar. I understand the boat is old and there's going to be a few problems but they seem to come every day. I think our charging problem goes back before we arrived at Picton. When the battery over heated that's when things started to go wrong. We came into the dock last Wednesday to charge the batteries and see if Doug Booth could look at our problem. He never came and I think I found one problem but that wasn't the main problem. My exhaust blower was draining to much power so I was hoping that was my trouble. So Saturday morning we left for the Islands. This morning we had no power and the starting battery was almost dead. The wind came up very strong and while I was looking at the problem the boat started to drift. The anchor hade come loose from the bottom and we were dragging. This was a serous problem. If I could not start the engine I could not lift the anchor fast enough. The engine started and we tied up to a mooring ball. Lifting the anchor is very difficult in the area because of all the weeds. When you lift your anchor it looks like you have a bail of hay on the end. It's very heavy and takes time to remove all the weeds. So now we are back in the marina hoping we can get some one to look at our problem.
 We did have a great night at anchor the night before.



No comments:

Post a Comment