Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Waiting
So Tuesday night Doug came to look to see if he solve one of the problems. Yes he did. The night before he found that there was a 2 amp draw on both engine battery and the house bank batteries. We also found that there was no charging coming from the alternator so I took that out for Doug to take with him. He called this morning to say it was defective. It will be rebuilt and brought back on Friday. So another mystery solved. Now he wants to eliminate all the unnecessary wires. For some reason I have two battery selector switch's and we don't know why it was installed like that. My new inverter and house bank should have never been install with out understanding what all this wiring is for. Yesterday I was also busy installing a new engine exhaust fan and rewiring the fridge to the house bank batteries. Installing the exhaust fan was a challenge. I had to squeeze into the back of the boat and around and under all the wire and hoses. Now I know the meaning of "TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE"! Wow it was a tight spot. So todays assignment from Doug is I have to take out all the house banks batteries so he can remove all the unnecessary wires and this could solve some of our problems. Now I have also found a short in the wire for the bilge pump, so it goes on and on. Before I leave Gananoque I'm sure every part on the boat will be replaced.
I have some pictures of last weekend in the Islands with some friends.

Dave and Eileen

Brian and Renata

Laundry day

3 comments:

  1. I have a favourite writer that talks about battling Resistance. That force that keeps us from doing bold things. When we embark on a bold adventure like yours, all manner of things appear to keep us from moving forward. When that happens its usually a good sign, it means you are doing the "right thing".

    I am confident it will all resolve itself, keep at it!

    “It’s better to be in the arena, getting stomped by the bull,
    than to be up in the stands or out in the parking lot.”

    ― Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting here in the rocker with a baby in my arms and drilling over your adventures and pics! How great you got together with Brian and Renata, Dave and Eileen! Going to keep reading now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting here in the rocker with a baby in my arms and drilling over your adventures and pics! How great you got together with Brian and Renata, Dave and Eileen! Going to keep reading now...

    ReplyDelete