Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Saturday 30 July 2016

Today we got lucky!
Yesterday I saw the bilge pump not working and drawing amps from the battery. So installed the new bilge pump. It seems to work ok. Then I installed the water pump for the sink and it seems to work ok. Last night I reinstalled the new solar power controller and it worked this morning. Also yesterday I installed the rebuilt alternator. NO WORKY!!!  This morning I got lucky and spotted a diesel mechanic! These are very rare sightings this time of year in this area but I saw him and I caught him! What luck. I saw him working on the boat on the slip across from me so I asked him if he had time to look at my alternator. He came over and found a few problems and so he's going to check the internet tonight for the wiring for our boat engine and come back in the morning. While I was reinstalling the alternator I dropped one of the nuts, like I always do! I found a leek in the dripless stuffing box. That's where the shaft comes through the bottom of the boat and the stuffing box stops the water from coming in. Well I found water coming in. I asked the mechanic if he knew someone that knows how to repair dripless stuffing boxes. Yes he said, ME! What luck! So he will look at that tomorrow.
So the solar stuff is all connected and ready to go so I gave it a test today. NO WORKY! The inverter will not turn on. I will wait until Monday when Doug comes back and have him have a look at it. Then I wanted to relax with some music tonight so I turned on the stereo NO WORKY! I will look at that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment