Laurie and Ken

Laurie and Ken

Saturday 13 August 2016

THE WORD IS GIVEN!
Kevin the diesel guy says we are good to go. So we are on our way in the morning. We will head for Cape Vincent NY and check in with customs and fill with fuel and provisions. Then next stop will be Little Sodus Bay to have our mast taken down. I'm going to keep a close watch on the batteries and the engine for the next few days. I want to be able to come back to the Kingston area if there are any problems. I would rather pay a mechanic Canadian money than to pay in American!!! Also Kevin now knows the boat pretty good. Being stuck here in Gananoque was a bit of luck. We had some great people working on our troubles and if you want to get stuck this is the place to be. Kevin the diesel guy and Doug the electrician were great. I also have to thank Simon for walking me through a few things when I was too stressed to do it on my own. Dan Klick was also great for sending down parts to Gananoque. They don't have a place here that caries parts. I know I can always depend on Dan, he's a good friend. A couple of days ago I thought we would be sitting around a fire singing Xmas carols in Gananoque but yahoo we are on our way. We are hoping we don't have any more troubles. Lets cross our fingers. Thanks to everyone who helped and commented on our blog with encouraging words. It's off to the U.S.!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back on the road again! We may see you in NYC after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go... send contact numbers so you don't get hit with Bell roaming charges.

    Hi Laurie hope you are smiling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying following this adventure. Hello from Bronte

    ReplyDelete